Brownsville Think Tank Matters, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) community service and youth empowerment not-for-profit community-based organization located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, New York.
The mission of Brownsville Think Tank Matters (BTTM) is to create and implement constructive programs and projects that build communities by maximizing their resources, empowering their residents, revitalizing their images, and enhancing public safety.
Goals and Objectives
Goals. The goals of Brownsville Think Tank Matters are to:
- Assess a community’s specific needs
- Galvanize its resources
- Implement constructive programs and projects
- Maximize its resources
- Empower its residents with the tools, information and resources they would need to harness their innate potential
- Revitalize its image, and
- Enhance public safety.
Objectives. The objectives of Brownsville Think Tank Matters are to:
- Conduct a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis to ascertain the specific needs of a community
- Identify its assets and resources
- Provide the tools, staff and resources necessary to mobilize its resources
- Cultivate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and inherent genius of its residents
- Lower the crime and murder rate, truancy, teenage pregnancy, unemployment, drug addiction, and incarceration rates, as well as address any other areas needed to enhance the image and public safety of that community.